AI is no longer restricted to the sphere of science fiction. AI has slowly paved its way inside the world of the education sector. All the academicians like the administrative staff, management, teachers, and students are all using AI in different ways to achieve education goals.
Here are some statistics to throw light on artificial intelligence in education.
- According to eLearning Industry, upwards of 47% of learning management tools will be enabled with AI capabilities in the next three years
- The AI in education market size exceeded 1 billion USD in 2020. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 40% between 2021 and 2027. (Global Market Insights)
- Artificial intelligence in the education market is expected to post revenue of 25.7 billion USD by 2030. (Prescient and Strategic Intelligence)
- The global AI in the education market is expected to reach 3.68 billion USD by 2023. (Markets and Markets)
AI Benefits for Students
AI can make a significant impact on the students’ educational journey. A few examples are:
- Personalization: One of the key ways artificial intelligence will impact the education industry is by personalizing the approach to learnings. Based on the students’ unique experiences and preferences, AI can adapt to each student’s level of knowledge, speed of learning, and desired goals so they’re getting the most out of their education. Personalizing education does not mean replacing teachers. In Fact, it will help them to better understand the potential and limitations of each student. AI can also offer the best learning courses identifying the student’s needs, weaknesses, and strengths.
- Tutoring: Artificial Intellegence is a blessing for students who are either ill or injured or are in a remote location. Even students who are slow learners, AI tutors, and chatbots are a perfect solution in these scenarios. It can provide a one-on-one learning experience answering all the questions and solving all the queries a student can possibly have after the class. This technology helps a student to make improvements in his weak spots outside the class. Moreover, an AI-powered chatbot can answer student questions at a response rate of 2.7 seconds. The use of AI in education can help automate the grading and assessment of activities like multiple choice questions, fill-in blanks, etc.
- Quick responses: Artificial Intelligence can help find answers to the most commonly asked questions, where the tutors get bombarded regularly and they literally get bored of answering. Artificial Intelligence can produce the answers in seconds through support automation and conversational intelligence
- Increases student engagement – Not every student pays attention in the class may be due to the lack of interest in the subject, or the teaching approach, or be it the environment. Visualization is the best way to keep a student engaged and understand the concepts. Graphs, charts, 3D images, etc., keep kids interested in learning. Interactive training through touch screens has now become a pivotal part of online education.
To Sum up!
Artificial intellegence can be trained the way we want it to be, to give the best-personalized education to students. The set of tools can be tailored to increase efficiency, reduce the timeline and make each student’s career scalable