Hotel management is one of the lucrative careers not only in India but abroad also. However, the pandemic made it really difficult for hotel industries to survive. But, the situation does not remain the same. The hotel and travel industry is now getting back to normal. People are missing leisure, travel, and hotel food. Hotel management involves people in engaging with other people, interacting with them, comforting and making them feel at home. If you are one who is like a social butterfly then you will love this kind of job. Let us tell you why you may want to take up hotel management as your career.
- Responsible attitude: You will learn to take up responsibilities. Hotel management is all about dealing with customer’s comfort therefore you cannot take any chance of messing it up. They train you to take up responsibility and ensure that everything looks perfect and at its place. Your customers are your guests and it is your duty to ensure that they feel homely.
- Attractive perks: A good position in hotels with good experience will lend a good amount in your hand. We admit that the beginning years may be a little crucial in terms of finances but as you gain more insights, you have good chances of getting better payment.
- Diversity: Working in a hotel means you have an opportunity to meet people from different cultural backgrounds. Remember that it is not a usual 9 to 5 job so it is not possible to clock in and out at a fixed time. But the exciting part is that you will get to meet and interact with people from different parts of the world. Also, a hotel job will give you’re the opportunity in the future to work at different places. If you are someone who likes to explore the world and people then you must take up hotel management.
- Satisfying: Do you love keeping people comfortable? Do you love hospitality? Then you are at the right place. The hotel job involves keeping people happy and ensuring that they enjoy their stay in your hotel. You will be most happy when they leave you satisfying feedback. You will feel satisfied when you see that customers come repeatedly to your hotel or when they recommend your hospitality to their family or friends.
- Keeps you creative: You may not be a part of a team that helps in looking hotel creative and ambient. However, you can always suggest or come up with ideas that will make your hotel look good. You may also suggest some good lunch, dinner, or evening tea ideas that will attract people to come to your hotel. It is not necessary always to think of what salary you may get in return. Because hard and smart work always gets appreciation.
- Travel opportunities: Good hotels often send their staff for training to other cities or hotels. You get that golden opportunity if you show that you deserve training. The travel may include international stay too. Hence, if you are a travel freak then you will love to be a part of a chain of hotels.
Remember that every beginning maybe not be that attractive but it is the consistency and hard work that will make packages attractive. Hence, if you are the one who loves to explore and serve then you may take up hotel management. You will not regret it at all. However, there are no fixed time slots to work in a hotel. So prepare yourself for the same.
The Collegebol platform ensures to provide all the information that is for student’s benefit. Come and be a part of this platform and explore the ocean of opportunities.