UPTET Entrance Exam Overview
Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) is a state-level exam conducted once a year for the recruitment of primary (Classes 1-5) and upper primary (Classes 6-8) level teachers in the schools of Uttar Pradesh. Every year, the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) conducts the UPTET exam. However, In 2019 Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh released the UPTET notification on its official website – http://updeled.gov.in.
Over 15 lakh candidates appear for the UPTET entrance exam every year. In 2019, total 16,34,249 candidates registered while 15,14,716 appeared for the exam. In 2018, a total of 18.25 lakh candidates registered while about 17 lakh students appeared for the exam.
|Conducting Body||The Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh on behalf of Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||English and Hindi|
UPTET 2020 Exam Dates 2020 :
|UPTET Application form available||1st week of November|
|End to submit the application form||2nd week of November|
|Application form correction window open||2nd week of November|
UPTET Eligibility 2020 :
- Candidates should clear graduation in any discipline.
- Candidates should be between 18 and 35 years of age.
- Candidates should be citizens of India/Nepal/Bhutan/Tibet.
UPTET entrance exam Eligibility for Paper-I (Primary-Level Teachers):
The applicants need to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to meet UPTET eligibility for Paper-I:
- Candidates should clear graduation in any discipline from a University Grants Commission (UGC) recognized university or college.
- Candidates in the final year of DElEd are also eligible to apply. the completion of graduation, pursuing a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd) is mandatory.
- Candidates in the final year are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks.
- Candidates should complete their class 12th with a minimum of 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete the four-year duration Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd).
UPTET entrance exam Eligibility for Paper-II (Upper Primary-Level Teachers) :
The applicants have to satisfy any one of the criteria given below to gain UPTET eligibility for applying in Paper-II
- Candidates should complete their graduation from a recognized college or university. Along with this, candidates should also complete a two-year duration DElEd (BTC).
- Candidates should clear graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks. Along with this, candidates should also complete BEd/BEd Special Education. Candidates in the final year of B.Ed/B. Ed Special Education is also eligible to apply.
UPTET Eligibility Certificate 2020:
- Candidates who score 60 percent or above (90/150 marks) in UPTET 2020 exam will be awarded the UPTET eligibility certificate.
- The reserved category candidates need to score a minimum of 55 percent (82/150 marks) in order to qualify for the exam and get awarded the UPTET eligibility certificate.
- The eligibility certificate once awarded will be valid for five years.
Registration fees :
|Category||UPTET Application Fee for One Paper||UPTET Application Fee for Two Papers|
|General/ Other Backward Class (OBC)||600||1,200|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||400||800|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||100||200|
UP TET entrance exam pattern 2020 :
UPTET entrance exam consists of two papers. Paper-I needs to be given by aspirants who plan to teach classes I-V. Paper-II needs to be given by candidates who plan to teach classes VI-VIII. Candidates who plan to teach classes I-VIII need to appear for both the papers.
UPTET entrance exam result:
UPTET entrance exam result is announced by the exam conducting authority on the official website of the exam. Candidates scoring a minimum of 60 percent marks in the written test are declared UPTET qualified.
UP TET entrance exam Application Process 2020:
- Register for the UPTET entrance exam on the official website – http://updeled.gov.in/
- Once done, note down the system generated registration number and password
- Fill and submit the UPTET application form for 2020
- Pay UPTET application fee in online mode by logging into the registered account
Tips for studying for IBPS PO Exam :
- Go through the syllabus
- Mock test
- Online sessions from the internet
- Time management
- Aware of current affairs
- Keep self- motivating