NMAT by GMAC or NMAT is a national-level MBA entrance test conducted for admission to NMIMS University and other reputed B-Schools in India. NMAT exam is a candidate friendly exam. It is designed keeping in mind the convenience of the test takers. Candidates can choose the date of their preference during the testing window as well as self-schedule the test, appointment date, time, and venue based on the availability of seats at each test centre. GMAC, the exam conducting body Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)
Council (GMAC) has announced the NMAT 2020 exam dates after revoking it earlier. The NMAT 2020 registration process has commenced on September 14 and will end on November 20. The authorities will conduct exams from November 4 to January 30, 2021.
The other important aspects of the exam are:
- The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) conducts NMAT
- NMAT is a unique MBA entrance exam similar to GMAT, wherein test-takers get a chance to attempt the exam thrice in a three-month test window
- GMAC has revised the exam pattern of NMAT this year. The number of questions has been reduced from 120 to 108.
- Candidates can either opt for appearing for the test from a designated test center or an online remote proctored mode
- Candidates have the opportunity to choose 5 college/institute while filling the application form to send their NMAT scores.
- September 14, 2020: NMAT 2020 Application Process Begins; Apply by November 20 Without Late Fee.
- September 11, 2020: NMAT 2020 Dates Announced; Registrations to Commence from September 14.
- June 26, 2020: NMAT exam pattern revised by GMAC. A total number of questions reduced; sectional time-limit revised.
- The exam will be conducted online for 88 days from November 4, 2020 (Wednesday) to January 30, 2021 (Saturday).
Mode of Exam: Online Computer Based Test (2-hour duration)
Why you Should Appear for NMAT by GMAC 2020?
NMIMS Management Aptitude Test was acquired by GMAC in 2015 with an aim to incorporate students from diverse backgrounds and specialization to enter management schools. Here are certain reasons on Why you should choose NMAT as your MBA entrance test and appear for it in 2020:
- Aspirant Friendly Exam
- Option to Retake NMAT
- Rescheduling of Exam Date
- 88 days’ Exam window.
- 7 Programs inclusive in Registration Fee
- Equated NMAT Result.
NMAT 2020 Application Process :
Applicants are required to submit an online application for NMAT 2020 through the official website of the examination.
- Candidates are first required to visit the official website of the examination.
- To fill the online application form, applicants should first register at the official website by clicking on the “Register Now” link. Applicants should fill in their names and contact details while registering on the official website.
- Upon successful registration, students will receive the login credentials in their registered email and phone number.
- Upon receiving the login details, students can log in at the official website and click on the link mentioning “Application form”.
- On clicking, an application form will appear and the candidates must fill the application form by furnishing information about their academic qualifications, grades, work experiences, and the choice of program for study.
- Students should enter their choice of five business schools for sending their scores of NMAT.
- After filling out the relevant details, students need to upload the scanned copies of their passport-size photograph and their signatures.
- The next step is the fee-payment for the exam. They should pay fees online using a debit card, credit cards, or net banking. The fees for early registration is fixed at INR 2000 plus GST and for late registration INR 2500 plus GST.
- After paying the fees, students can book their examination slot and submit the application form. Students are advised to verify their details before submitting the form. One cannot edit details after the form is submitted. Students are advised to take a print out of their online application form and keep it safe for future reference.
GMAC states quite clearly that, there is no fee refund in any case.
NMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria :
- Before applying, candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria for the exam. The applicants are required to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for appearing in the NMAT Exam 2020.
- A minimum of 50% marks is required to be scored in the graduation degree program.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final qualifying examination are also eligible to apply, provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Work experience is not mandatory for appearing in this examination.
- There is no restriction regarding the age of a candidate.
- Candidates are advised to determine their eligibility before applying. If found ineligible or involved in any unfair activities, their candidature is liable to be canceled at any stage of the selection process for admission.
What is NMAT by GMAC Official Guide?
Makers of NMAT provide a comprehensive official source of information regarding the NMAT test structure on the website nmat.org.in. It includes a detailed discussion on each section asked in the question paper which includes relevant examples, tips, and strategies.
It includes 201 questions based on past NMAT papers with answer key and explanation to each.
In addition, it has 475 practice questions with answer keys and explanations.
Aspirants can buy the official guide from online purchase retailers like Flipkart or Amazon.
The price is marked INR 899 and ISBN Code is 9788126598182
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern :
GMAC designs NMAT question paper in a computer adaptive way. Questions are framed from three sections: English, Quantitative Ability, and Reasoning. The number of questions in each section differs, so does the allotted time. Candidates have the flexibility to choose the order of section, in case of candidates complete one section within the time limit they can move to the next set of questions. Though leftover time will not be carry forward.
The pattern of the NMAT paper is similar to other MBA entrance examinations like CAT, XAT, etc. The paper will have MSQ type questions with four or more options.
Total number of questions: 108 Questions
Total number of sections in the paper: 3
Total Time allotted: 120 minutes (2 hours)
Mode of examination: Online (Computer-based test)
Marking scheme: For every correct answer, the candidate gets 3 marks. However, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Subjects: English, Quantitative aptitude,
NMAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions :
- On the day of the test, candidates are required to reach the venue at least 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam. The following points should be kept in mind:
- Confirmation Email sent by GMAC which can be shown in e formator as print out.
- Valid NMAT Admit Card downloaded from the website after the successful submission of the application form.
- One valid Id containing a photograph and one id for signature verification.
- In case candidates fail to provide any of the identity approved by the authorities or produce an expired Id, they will not be allowed to take the test.
- Candidates opting for international test centers have to bring essentially their valid passport for identity verification.
Non-Disclosure Agreement in NMAT by GMAC :
Candidates get computer systems after the completion of biometric attendance. There is a screen display to welcome and candidates will receive what is called NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Read it carefully and accept, to start with, the exam.
Select “Yes I Do” to commence with the exam. In case candidates by mistake or deliberately click on “No I Do Not Accept”, the system will prompt them to change their decision.
After prompting also if candidates select ‘No’ the test will get canceled.
Under no circumstances, after that candidates will be allowed to take the test and that attempt will be considered null and void with a forfeit of test fee.
Selection of Section Order at NMAT Test Day :
NMAT 2020 is one of the rare management entrance tests that allows candidates to select their order in which they want to attempt the sections. The timer is set automatically after a candidate selects the selections to answer. Candidates should keep in mind that choosing sectional order is a one-time facility. You cannot change that later on.
The exam center provides material for rough working to the candidates. The candidate should return that to the invigilator on completion of the exam. Read the instruction carefully.
Top tips for cracking the GMAT:
- Plan and take the GMAT early – Your GMAT score remains active for 5 years. …
- Understand how the exam works by deciphering the scoring patterns – start at the beginning by understanding the scores.
- Practice! …
- Go back to reviewing the fundamentals if you get a question wrong – Review your mistakes.
Collegebol platform is by the students and it is for the students. We cover almost all the latest updates and news related to education. You can reach out to us if you have anything to ask.