Exam overview – University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) is a national-level exam conducted in order to select candidates for only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professor in Indian universities and colleges.
Important dates –
|4 Nov ’20 –
5 Nov ’20
|UGC NET exam
|11 Nov ’20 –
13 Nov ’20
|UGC NET exam|
|Dec ’20||Result declaration (June 2020 session)
Eligibility– The basic criteria that candidates must fulfill to meet UGC NET eligibility 2020 are:
- Candidates should secure at least 55 percent aggregate marks in post-graduation
- Candidates should not be more than 30 years of age in order to be eligible for JRF
- There is no age restriction to apply for the post of Assistant Professor
- A relaxation of five percent in educational qualification is given to reserved category candidates
- A relaxation of five years in age criteria is given to reserved category candidates
- Candidates who have cleared State Eligibility Test (SET) before June 1, 2002 are exempted from taking the UGC NET
Step 1: Fill UGC NET Registration Form
For UGC NET 2020 registrations, candidates first need to visit the official website of the exam. Thereafter, candidates need to click on Fill Application Form UGC NET June 2020 button available at the bottom of the page. On clicking the button, a new page will open. Candidates need to click on the New Registration button and download the information brochure. Once done, candidates need to click on the checkbox at the bottom of the page and click on the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button. On clicking the button, the UGC NET registration page will open on the screen. Details to be filled in the registration form are:
|Candidate’s name||Father’s name||Mother’s name|
|Date of birth||Gender||Identification number|
|Identity type (Note: from December 2018 onwards, Aadhaar Card is not a mandatory document for UGC NET registrations. Candidates can free to provide any other valid Government ID number such as passport number, bank account number, etc)|
|Complete postal address||Email address||Mobile number|
|choose Password||Choose a Security question||Security answer|
|Security Pin (as shown on the screen)|
Once all details are filled, candidates can click on the Submit button. Thereafter, candidates need to review the information given on the page and click on the Final Submit button to proceed further with the application process. Once all details are submitted, an application number will be generated on the screen. Candidates need to note the system generated application number for future reference.
Step 2: Fill UGC NET Application Form
Next, candidates need to click on the Complete Application Form button and start filling the remaining details in the online application form. Details to be filled in the UGC NET application form include:
|Name||Date of birth|
|Gender||Single girl child option|
|PwD category option||Diabetic option|
|Minority community option||A subject name in post-graduation exam|
|Post name (Assistant Professor or JRF)||Subject opted for UGC NET|
|Four choices of exam center (in order of priority)|
|Post-graduation pass status||Post-graduation course/stream name|
|Post-graduation qualifying exam from (India or outside India)||Post-graduation qualifying exam state|
|Post-graduation board/university name||Post-graduation year of passing/appearing|
|Post-graduation result mode||Post-graduation marks details|
|Whether already a doctorate student?||–|
|Research specialization, if any||Whether you possess research experience in the subject of post-graduation|
|Whether MPhil passed/appearing||Whether Ph.D. passes/appearing|
|Whether an ex-serviceman?||–|
|Security Pin (as shown on the screen)||–|
After all the details are filled, candidates need to click on the Submit button and review the details entered in the form. Thereafter, candidates need to click on the Final Submit button.
Step 3: Upload Images and Signature
Next, candidates need to upload their scanned images and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the table below. The scanned images and signature should be in JPEG format.
|Size of photo image||Greater than 10 kb and less than 200 kb|
|Size of signature image||Greater than 4 kb and less than 30 kb|
Step 4: Pay UGC NET Application Fee
Candidates can pay UGC NET 2020 application fee through SBI/HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI/Paytm payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking/UPI).
|Category||UGC NET Application Fee (in Rs)|
Step 5: Download the Confirmation Page
On successful payment of the application fee, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates need to take at least four printouts of the confirmation page and keep it for future reference.
Thereafter, UGC NET 2020 application process will be complete.
UGC NET Application Form: Important Points to Note
- Candidates can submit the application form in online mode on the official website of the exam only. UGC NET applications submitted in any other mode will not be accepted
- Candidates can submit only one application form
- Candidates must enter their email ID and mobile number in the application form correctly as all the important communication regarding the exam will be done by NTA through email or SMS
- All the four steps of the application process (registration, application form filling, uploading of photo and signature, and application fee payment) can be done together or at separate times
- Candidates do not need to upload any document other than a scanned photo and signature in the application form
- In case, the confirmation page is not generated after the payment of the application fee, this means that the transaction has been canceled. In such cases, the amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate has to make another transaction of fee payment
- Candidates must retain the printed copies of the confirmation page for future reference
Mode of Application: online
Shifts and Timings: 3 hours (180 minutes)
Types of questions:
|MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option|
Marking scheme: +2 for correct answer and 0 for an incorrect answer
Step 1: Visit the official website of the exam – http://ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
Step 2: Click the link, View Result – UGC NET June 2020.
Step 3: Enter the following details:
Password/date of birth
Security pin as shown in the image
Step 4: Click on the Submit button.
Step 5: Download the UGC NET scorecard 2020.
To avoid any inconvenience at the time of UGC NET registrations, candidates are advised to keep the following documents/information ready beforehand:
- Board/University certificate
- Ration card/Passport number/Aadhaar card number/Voter ID card number/other Government ID
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) certificate (if applicable)
- The person with Disability (PwD) certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned images of photo and signature in JPG format (file size of photo: 10 kb to 200 kb, the file size of signature: 4 kb to 30 kb)
- A valid email ID and mobile number
- Permanent and correspondence address with pin code
- Four exam cities in order of preference
- Code of NET subject for which the candidate plans to take the exam (available in information brochure)
- Code of post-graduation course (available in the information brochure)
Some preparation tips
- Focus on things that you know rather than doing what you don’t know.
- Take enough sleep and rest. Eat well and healthy.
- Keep your stationery ready so that you don’t have to panic last minute.
- Stay confident.
We have many such updates available with us on our platform. Do follow our page on social media and be a part of many other activities too.