Want to pursue a career in nutrition but don’t know where to start? Nutrition is an up and coming field. There are top universities across the country who have a variety of courses in this field. Here are 5 universities of India, which have the top nutrition courses.
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad – It is one of the top universities to pursue nutrition. It is being operated by ICMR and is home to top scientists and professionals of the country. Established in 1918, making it one of the oldest research centres in India. It offers M.Sc. in nutrition, M.Sc. in sports nutrition, PG certificate course, and an annual training program. Hence, this top tier university is highly reputed and known for the quality of education, faculty, and is a top university to pursue nutrition.
- Institute of home economics, Delhi University – Located in the capital city of India, DU is one of the top universities to pursue nutrition. They have all range of courses right from under-graduate, post graduate, to diploma and short term courses. They also provide B.Sc. in food technology. Known for its faculty and campus, DU is an ideal place for anyone to pursue their career in nutrition.
- SNDT University, Mumbai – In the year 1962 the department of food science and nutrition was established. Their academic programs prepare students to step into roles required of a nutritionist, medical nutrition therapist, food scientist, entrepreneur, and researcher. They provide theory as well as practical exposure in this field. Their courses include master’s program, PG Diploma courses, Ph.D., and certificate courses, making it an ideal place to pursue this career.
- University of Madras, Chennai – Located in Chennai, University of Madras offers wide range of courses in the field of nutrition. They offer undergraduate courses (B.Sc.), Masters Courses (M.Sc.), and short term certificate courses in nutrition as well. University of Madras is famous for their campus, with a total of 68 departments that are spread over 4 campuses. In fact, the university is home to top faculty of the country as well.
- Osmania University, Hyderabad – This top tier university is located in the city of Hyderabad. It offers all courses in the field of nutrition, which includes under-graduate, post-graduate, Ph.D., as well as PG Diploma courses. Established by the 7th Nizam of Hyderabad, the university has a beautiful campus. The university is a public state university. In fact, with over 3,000,000 students it is one of the largest universities in India.
Hence, there are a lot of universities for this upcoming field. Nutrition has a wide scope and is going to be the future. In fact, there is high demand for this field currently. Without a doubt you can pursue this career in the top universities of the country. To kn0w more about the field check out the expert session on nutrition here.