Do you have a passion in designing? Want to build a career in design? To be the best in your field, you need to learn from the best! Learn from the top institutes and faculty of the country! We have a list of the top 5 design institutes of the country you must aim for:
- National Institute of design – It is one of the most prestigious design institutes in the country. They have various campuses across the country in cities like Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, and Bangalore. NID has the top faculty in the country and world-class facilities. They are known for their campus, placements, and quality of education. Also, they offer a range of courses including undergraduate, post-graduate, as well as doctorate programs. To know more about NID and admissions visit here.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology – NIFT was established in 1986. It has 17 campuses across the country, in popular cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Gandhinagar, amongst others. It is undoubtedly the top institute for fashion design in India. They provide undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programs in the field of design. At NIFT they have exquisite facilities and a beautiful campus. They also have various student clubs and activities for their holistic development. It is undoubtedly the best fashion institute in the country. Also, for more information visit their official website here.
- Centre for environmental planning and technology, Ahmedabad – They offer programs in architecture, interior design, planning, building science and technology, and management. Additionally, they also have various research options available. CEPT was established in 1962 and is one of the most prestigious institutes in the country. They also have summer and winter programs. They conduct various open houses and webinars for admission into the university. The students need to appear for entrance exams like NATA. They have both undergraduate (5-year program) and postgraduate (2-year program). For more information visit their official website here.
- IDC School of design (Indian Institute of Technology), Mumbai – They also offer a wide variety of programs like industrial design, visual design, vehicle design, and many others. They have a great infrastructure, which includes a studio, labs, rapid prototyping cell, and material library which is spread over a huge campus. In fact, all the facilities and top faculties of the country make IDC a great institute to pursue designing. For all the information visit here.
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune – MIT offers design students a broad range of design fields to choose from. They have innovative courses like the MITD Innovation program, transportation design, retail design, transcultural design among others. Additionally, their campus is aesthetically pleasing and will get your creative juices flowing. They have great faculty and placement programs as well. Moreover, they have an aptitude test and interview process for admissions. For more information visit their official website here.
To know more about designing, watch this expert session with Mr. Shailesh Pithadia. Furthermore, India is home to one of the best design institutes. Hence, don’t think twice. In fact, if your passion is designing and you want to pursue it as a career, these are the best institutes you can begin your career at.