Blockchain is a new emerging technology. Every sector is going to use blockchain. Do you know what blockchain is? It is a technology where we can record information. It is almost impossible to change and hack the system, making it very safe to store information. Wondering how blockchain can be used in the education sector? Here are 5 ways in which blockchain will transform the education sector:
- Storing student’s credentials – This is a big hassle for all educational institutions. The staff has to manually verify all entries. There is a huge amount of paperwork. There is a need for staff to manage it as well. The use of blockchain will make the entire process much simpler. In fact, there is complete accuracy and no need for verification.
- Intellectual property protection – Professors as well as students carry out many types of research. There is an issue of research piracy as well. Blockchain solves this issue. The researchers will be able to publish their research openly on these platforms and at the same time keep track of its usage as well. Indeed, this will help them be aware of who is using their research.
- File storage – The paperwork as well as digital information uses a lot of storage. The hard drives are a risky place to store important information. In fact, it is almost impossible to recover information from the damaged hard disk. Cloud storage is another option but it is a bit costly. Another way is the blockchain storage services. This is cost-efficient and a safe option to store all data.
- Lessons and courses – These happen through smart-contract technology. Using this technology, the lessons are programmed. The students can finish the courses, on completion, the courses will be verified automatically. After this the teachers will receive crypto payment, symbolizing the course completion and students will get their credits as well. Indeed, it will be a much simpler task and reduce the pressure and stress on the teachers.
- Lower costs – Automation will replace a lot of manual work. This technology will lead to a reduction in a lot of labor-intensive processes. There will be fewer requirements for staff. There will be a reduction of work pressure on staff. Hence, these lower costs will lead to benefits for students and there will be wider access to education.
To conclude, the above 5 ways are just the tip of the iceberg. It is almost impossible to imagine the power of such technology. As this is an already existing technology, it will be much easier to integrate it into the existing system. In fact, we can expect a lot of positive impact from this technology, especially in the education sector.