The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka conducts a state-level exam COMEDK – UGET for admission to its undergraduate engineering courses in around 190 colleges in the state. The estimated number of candidates appearing for the exam is nearly 72000 and there are 20000 seats to be allotted to the qualifying candidates. The candidates with Indian nationality are allowed to appear for the exam. The application form was released online on 16th January 2020. The last date for filling the application form is extended due to the current pandemic situation. The exam date is postponed as of now. It will be announced later on its official website. All the aspiring candidates must check out the eligibility because if the criteria are not met, they will not be allowed to sit for the examination.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Dates
The application forms are available online from 16th January 2020 till 30th May 2020. The exam date is postponed and it will be notified on its official website.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Tips for filling the application form
The authorities have released application form online on the link https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1022/64091/login.html. All the candidates should check the eligibility before filling up the application form. Here are the steps that will help you in filling the application form.
- Registration is the first step. To do registration, a candidate will need to enter details like name, date of birth, and mobile number. The candidate will receive a user ID and password as the registration is complete.
- Fill up all the relevant fields like personal details, academic details, and communication details as asked in the form.
- The next step is to upload documents, passport size photograph, and signature in the required format.
- Select your desired test center. You can choose up to 3 centers for the exam.
- The last step is to make a payment. It can be done by Credit card/ Debit card or through Net banking.
- Before submitting the application form, check that all details are filled incorrectly.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Eligibility
The candidate must go through eligibility criteria depending upon the course they are choosing. The criteria for B. Tech and B. Arch are different. Check it out here.
Eligibility criteria for engineering courses
- Candidate should have passed PUC or 10+2 exam from a recognized board or equivalent exam from a recognized institute.
- Subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English should be studied by the candidate in the last two years.
- Candidate should pass in each subject along with the aggregate marks of 45%.
- Physics and Mathematics as a compulsory subject. A candidate can have Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics in place of Chemistry.
- Diploma holders are not allowed to sit in the examination.
Eligibility criteria for architecture courses
- The candidate should have passed PUC or 10+2 or diploma (10+3) exam.
- The candidates who have passed PUC or 10+2 should have Mathematics as one of their subjects along with the others.
- An aggregate of 50% marks is required to be eligible for the examination.
- Candidates who have appeared for NATA need not appear again for COMEDK UGET as the selection will be done from NATA’s result.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – How to prepare for the exam
All the candidates are looking forward to studying in reputed institutes. They need to get good ranks so that they can get admission in good institutes. It is important for candidates to prepare well for the entrance exam that they are willing to appear. Here are some of the guiding tips that will help you to prepare in a better way.
- Look out for the syllabus first. Depending upon the weightage of each subject, design your study time table. Once the time table is made, try to follow religiously. Make sure that you do not leave any loops while preparation as it will help you in finishing the syllabus for all subjects on time.
- The exam is concept based. You must clear all your concepts and basics for starting to prepare the actual syllabus. You will not be able to get any advanced knowledge until your basics are clear.
- Make revision notes and a formula book where you have all the formulas written. Keep on revising those formulas so that they are at the tip of your tongue. Mathematic will need a lot of practice. Keep practicing the numerical and sums so that you can do it with speed.
- Your 12th syllabus is important too. You will see that most of the topics are covered from there only. You should see to it that you thoroughly revise 12th books.
- Once you are done with the syllabus, solve past papers, and give the mock exams as many times you can. By doing this, you will understand how much more you need to prepare. This will be like self-analysis for you.
- Most importantly, keep calm and avoid overnight studies. Try to finish as much in the day time so that you get good sleep at night. Adequate sleep will benefit your physical and mental well being.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Exam pattern
Know the exam pattern for COMEDK UGET 2020 so that you will know what to prepare for the exam. It is a computer-based exam that will include 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Exam duration – 3 hours
Question type – MCQ and objectives
Mode of exam – Online
Section – Physics: 60 Marks
Chemistry: 60 Marks
Mathematics: 60 Marks
Total questions – 180
Marking Schemes – 1 mark for each correct answer. NO negative marking.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Syllabus
|Unit 1: Thermal and Chemical Effects of current
|Unit 2: Heat and thermodynamics
|Unit 3: Oscillation
|Unit 4: Motion in Two and three-dimension
|Unit 5: Electrostatics
|Unit 6: Motion in one dimension
|Unit 1: Nuclear chemistry
|Unit 2: Chemical reaction and chemical kinetics
|Unit 3: Biomolecules
|Unit 4: Coordination chemistry
|Unit 5: Polymers
|Unit 6: Chemistry in action
|Unit 7: Environmental chemistry
|Unit 1: Differential calculus
|Unit 2: Circles
|Unit 3: Matrices and determinants
|Unit 4: Vector algebra
|Unit 5: Differential equation
|Unit 6: Three-dimensional geometry
|Unit 7: Probability
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Result
The result is declared online by the authority. The result will contain subject wise marks, overall score, and rank of the candidate. The allotment of seats is done on the basis of merit or rank. Follow these steps to get your scorecard and preserve it until the admission process is complete.
- Login to the website using your user ID and password.
- If the login is successful then the result will be displayed on the screen
- Download the result and take a print.
- You would see details like registration number, ticket number, date of birth, category, stream chose test score, and rank on your scorecard.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Cutoff
The cutoff is the minimum or equivalent score required for getting admission in a desirable branch. The cutoff will defer from one branch to another. Each branch will have its own determining cutoff. It will be decided based on the availability of seats, the application received, the candidate’s category, and its reputation.
The COMEDK UGET 2020 cutoff will have opening and closing ranks both.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Admit card
The Admit card is released online. The candidates are supposed to fill up the application form within the specified period; then they will be able to access the test admission ticket. After the registration, with the user ID and password, the candidate will be able to download the Admit card. Your Admit card will carry details like your name; roll number, the application number, and address of the exam center. Candidate must carry Admit card along with a photo ID and 2 passport-sized photographs. Here’s how you can download the Admit card.
- Click on the Admit card link
- Enter your user ID and password
- The Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
- Verify all the details and take a print out for future reference.
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Counseling
Candidates who are shortlisted in the merit list will appear for the counseling offline at the designated counseling center. There will be two-seat allotments round. Follow these steps to go to the counseling center.
- A candidate must notify the venue allocated to them.
- You must carry all your documents and the verification will be done there.
- Biometric and photo verification is done and after that registration slip is issued.
- The candidate will have to fill up their choice of 3 colleges. They will be allotted seats based on their rank and preference.
- A candidate is required to pay fees as soon as the seat is accepted to them.
The list of documents required at the counseling are as under:
- Print of COMEDK application form
- Rank card
- Admit card
- COMEDK verification entry card
- Fee payment receipt
- Original ID proof
- Original ID proof of guardian/ parent
- Proof of date of birth
- PUC/ 10+2 certificate
- Category certificate
- Proof showing parents or guardians studied in Karnataka for 7 years.
- Proof showing candidate studied in Karnataka for 7 years or more.
- Tulu minority certificate
- Christian minority certificate
- Hyderabad – Karnataka region (If applicable)
- Karnataka domicile certificate (If applicable)
COMEDK UGET 2020 – Quick preparation tips
The last few days before the exam can be quite stressful and confusing. It is important for the candidate to keep calm during these days. Here are some of the tips for you.
- It is best to revise the topics that are done rather than starting with the new topic.
- Your handbook or revision notes are the best things to read.
- Do more past papers and time you.
- Eat healthy food and take adequate sleep.
- Don’t panic and keep calm
- Keep all the exam requirements ready.
- Reach at the exam venue before time.
Need College Counselling? Click Here