Engineering and Medical are parallel branches in terms of career preferences. Most of the students aspire to become an engineer in different fields of their choices. Out of so many candidates appearing in 12th board exams, almost half of them appear for various Engineering Entrances. The competition among the students is getting tough day by day. There are few exams that are conducted at the national level while some are conducted by private institutes and colleges. JEE Main and JEE Advanced are Engineering Entrances known by almost all the candidates. Besides these two there are other engineering exams too. Let’s have a look here.
1) JEE Main: This is one of the most popular Engineering Entrance Exam among the students who wish to pursue engineering. It is organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency). The exams come up twice in a year; in the month of January and then in the month of April.
JEE Main April 2020 dates: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=344&iii=Y
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/WebInfo/Handler/FileHandler.ashx?i=File&ii=13&iii=Y
2) JEE Advanced: This is the second stage exam. JEE Main is the screening exams; the first 20 percentile of students will be able to give JEE Advanced. This exam is taken by the seven zonal IITs with guidance from the Joint Admission Board (JAB). Students should note that 2.4 lakh students out of many are eligible for giving JEE Advanced.
Check out the official website of JEE Advanced for more information: http://www.jeeadv.ac.in/impdates.php
3) BITSAT: This exam is held by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (Pilani) that offers annual integrated programs in the field of BE, Pharma, M. Sc, and other courses. BITSAT is a computer-based test. The campuses are in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
Get accurate and real information from their website on https://www.bitsadmission.com/
4) VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the most popular institutes for pursuing B. Tech. The exams are held online for all the candidates who wish to do B. Tech.
For Latest Information and Updates on VITEEE https://viteee.vit.ac.in/utm_source=VIT&utm_campaign=viteee2020
5) SRMJEEE: SRM Institute of Science and Technology conducts this exam for B. Tech programs that are offered by its various campuses in Kattankulathur, Rampuram, Vadapalini, and Delhi-NCR. There are in total 125 test centers across the country and few in the Middle East.
Get more information and updates from https://www.srmist.edu.in/admission-india/
6) COMEDK: This test is conducted by the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka to help students seek admission to medical and engineering. It is an online exam for the admission to the UG program for medical and engineering in the institutes and colleges affiliated with COMEDK.
Check for the regular updates here at https://comedkapplication.com/
7) KIITEE: More than 60 test centers across the country help the KIITEE exam for the students who wish to acquire admission to Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneshwar. The exam is conducted for taking admission in UG and PG courses offered by the institute.
Check here for the latest information https://kiitee.kiit.ac.in/
8) WBJEE: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board conducts the WBJEE exam for students to get admitted to Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture or pharmacy. It is a state-level examination and it is validated by the colleges of West Bengal.
The latest updates can be found on https://wbjeeb.nic.in/wbjeebcms/public/home.aspx
9)MHTCET: The Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra conducts MHTCET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) for admission to first year B. E. and B. Tech programs. The test also gives marks for those who wish to secure admission in Pharmacy.
Visit here at http://cetcell.mahacet.org/
10) SITEEE: Symbiosis Institute of Technology conducts the SITEEE for students who wish to pursue UG courses offered by them.
Look here https://www.set-test.org/ for updates regarding the registration and dates of the examination.
There are many other Engineering Entrances but you must choose the one that best fits in your criteria to study engineering.