Radiology includes the diagnosis of disease through medicine and technology. It has two branches. One is interventional and the other one is diagnostic radiology. One deals with diagnosis and treatment and other deals with imaging, scanning respectively. You must have been to a radiologist either for you or for someone else. You already how easy it has become for a doctor to understand any deformities with the help of a report given by a radiologist. It is one of the demanding branches and today it is used widely in the medical field.
- One can take up a Certificate or Diploma course after 12th.
|Certificate in Radiology||6 Months|
|Certificate in Radiology Assistant||6 Months|
|Certificate in Radiography Diagnostic||6 Months|
|Diploma in Radiography and Radiotherapy||1 Year|
|Diploma in Radio Diagnosis||2 year|
|Diploma in Radio-Diagnostic Technology||2 years|
- One can opt for Undergraduate Courses after 12th Science with PCB as subjects.
|B. Sc. In Radiology||3 years|
|B. Sc. (Hons) in Medical Radiotherapy Technology||3 years|
|MBBS Radiology||5 years|
One can get admission in B. Sc. on the basis of marks obtained in 12th science. Admission in MBBS is gained by clearing NEET or AIIMS competitive entrance exams.
|MD / MS in Radiodiagnosis||3 years|
|M. Sc in Radiology||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Therapy Technology||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Radio-Diagnosis and Imaging Science||2 years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in X-ray Radiography and Ultra-Sonography||1 year 6 months|
- Your 12th standard marks will decide whether you are eligible for a Diploma or a Certificate course in Radiology. Some institutes may take entrance exams for admissions in their institute.
- A candidate needs to have at least 50% marks in 12th to get admission in B.Sc Radiology. The process of admission is based on merit.
- NEET or AIIMS is the competitive exam for taking admission in MBBS. After, that one can go for specialization to study Radiology. With a good score in the entrance exam; it is possible to secure place in some of the good institutes.
SCOPE: It is the only branch of medical science that helps doctors in detecting something that happens inside the body. The technology has made it easy for doctors to detect any abnormalities occurring inside the body. It is an evergreen and demanding branch to study.
- Radiology technician
- MRI technician
- Radiology assistant
- Ultrasound technician
- Radiology nurse
- CT Scan technician
Graduate technicians can expect a salary starting from around 15,000 to 20000 per month. The radiologist will have a good package starting from around 5,00,00 per annum.
It is one of the promising fields in medical areas. If you are good at technical and analytical skills with good performance in 12th science, you can consider this as one of the options. A candidate will get a license to work in the Radiology department after course completion.
CollegeBol brings to you more such information on various fields and colleges. Tune in to our website or follow our page and keep yourself updated.